Conference and Registration Details
Family Cancer Clinic Day Tuesday 4th September 2018
(The meeting will finish at approximately 1pm on Friday and lunch will be served)
Clinical and Scientific updates Wednesday 5th - Friday 7th
This is a 2-step registration process:
Register to attend the meeting with kConFab using the form
Book accommodation separately with Mantra
direct by emailing the
accommodation booking form
, OR fax (02) 6670 5111.
- Accommodation requirements are to be confirmed and paid directly to Mantra on Salt Beach Group Reservations Department and payment will be upon checkout. Call (02) 6670 5000.
- For alternate accommodation options contact Tweed Tourism www.tweedtourism.com.au
REGISTRATIONS and SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS CLOSE Monday 9th
The Professor Joseph Sambrook PhD Student or Post-doctoral Fellow Award
Supported by the National Breast Cancer Foundation
In recognition of Professor Joe Sambrook's major contribution to breast
cancer research in Australia, one prize of $5000 will be awarded at the meeting
to either a PhD student or Post-doctoral fellow that is to be used for travel,
registration and accommodation at a cancer meeting of their choice within 12
months of the September 2018 FCC/kConFab meeting. All submitted abstracts from
eligible candidates will be reviewed by Professor Sambrook who will nominate the
Terms and Conditions:
- Candidates must be a PhD student or a post-doctoral fellow (no more than 3 years after the award of their PhD or specialist medical degree).
- Candidates must currently be working on breast and/or ovarian cancer in an Australian research institute or university. The scope of their work may also include prostate cancer as this cancer frequently occurs in multi-case breast cancer families.
- In advance of the kConFab/FCC national meeting, candidates must submit an abstract of a research study by the due date stipulated by the FAC organising committee. Each abstract must be accompanied by a brief description by their mentor of the role the candidate played in this study and a short curriculum vitae (no more than one page).
- All candidates are expected to register and present their study at the meeting, either as an oral or poster presentation.
- The successful candidate will be announced at the kConFab/FCC meeting by an NBCF representative.
- On submission of travel, meeting and conference documents to the kConFab management, a tax invoice from the winners work institution will be requested and the Aus$5000 will be paid.
Participants wishing to present posters or talks are invited to submit abstracts,
no longer than 400 words, via email to
by COB Monday July 9th 2018.
You will be informed as soon as possible if you have an oral or poster presentation.
Poster dimensions should be limited to 90cm wide x 120cm long.
Requirements for the abstract submission:
Poster abstracts will be welcomed from all delegates
- Please use x12 Times New Roman Font
- Please add a title, all contributing authors and all affiliations
- No more than one page of text
- Please email your abstract to Heather Thorne
- Make it clear if you are applying for the Professor Joe Sambrook award
For further information about the meeting contact Heather
or Tel 03 8559 6526.
Step 1: Conference Registration Form
Please note - there are some compulsory fields on this
The conference will be held at:
Mantra on Salt
Beach, Gunnamatta Avenue, Kingscliffe, NSW 2487
02 6670 5000
Registration fee for the 4-day meeting is $215/day
- Morning and afternoon tea and lunch each day
- Entry to all sessions and conference facilities
- Wine and cheese during the poster session, Wednesday
- Cocktail reception betweeen 6-8pm, Thursday 6th
Fields marked with * are compulsory
Please enter your full mailing address
above, including Suburb, State and Postcode.
Registration fee $215/day (plus
Please nominate day(s) that you will be registered: